The Rolling Bay Farm Difference!
One of the very few island farms owned, inhabited and worked by one family!
We are a small family run farm on 8.5 acres nestled on Bainbridge Island, WA. We are building this farm and lifestyle based on our core standards for wonderful, healthy food from humanely raised animals on our homestead. What does this mean for the produce you purchase?
- We don’t use antibiotics or hormones
- All animals have 24 hour access to sun and whatever is their farmyard habitat (dirt for pigs, pasture for sheep, etc)
- We strive for a natural diet while using a sustainable approach for feeding our animals. This means grains from a local mill, plenty of greens from gardens and stores, bread from a local artisan bakery and other organic and non-organic tidbits
- All animals are hand raised and nurtured by us on this farm
Our family is working hard to maintain the diversified family farm that used to be
the norm in our country. We produce and sell a range of product all done by us. Meaning, no staff or specialists creating our products. Currently we offer for sale:
- Pork by the pound or whole hog and half hog purchases
- Homemade jams and fruit butters
- Eggs, eggs and more eggs!
- Thanksgiving Day turkeys
- Hand milled soaps
- Fine Finnsheep fleeces from raw to carded batts
- Finnsheep lamb as breeding stock and occasionally as locker lamb
Part of our pleasure of being an artisan, family farm is our ability to share it with our community. Our honor stand is open daily and placed right in the hub of our farm. When you come to visit us you’ll be surrounded by what makes our farm hum; chickens, pigs, sheep, barn cats, rolling pastures and plenty of birdsong. We look forward to seeing you! For even more information here is a lovely article written about our farm http://www.soundfood.org/news/buyinglocally/320-rolling-bay-farm.html
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By Our Hands – REALLY!
We take great pride in being the only farm hands on our farm. Here’s who does what at our place. Now you’ll really know where your food comes from.
All things chicken – Adrienne is the Chicken Queen. From day old chick care, to egg collection, coop cleaning and feeding that is her job. Eldest daughter, Bryn, is a Chicken Princess in training.
All things turkey – Mark cares for the turkey poults from day old chicks through the Thanksgiving harvest. Adrienne helps with the actual turkey processing day. This is an all day event the Sunday before T-Day.
All things piggy – Mark is the pig man! From cleaning, to feeding, health care, birthing piglets and sow management.
All things sheepy – Adrienne is the shepardess. Feeding and pasture rotation, lambing, stall cleaning and shearing management. Both Cailinn and Bryn gleefully help with lamb feeding. Adrienne does the fleece skirting and picking before sending to the mill or customers.
All things bee – So far that is Adrienne. Hoping for our first honey harvest 2013
All things from the earth – Mark is the major mover in the orchard and garden. From planting to soil enrichmnent from the compost he creates. Adrienne, Bryn and Cailinn help with the harvest
Handmade products – Adrienne makes the soap. All by hand from our lard. It is a long process! Mark and Adrienne both make the jams and fruit butters.